Marching Band season begins with Band Camp!
Band camp is mandatory for all ensemble members. At band camp, ensemble members work on the show music and drill. But most of all, band camp means fun, making new friends, and the start of an exciting season!
- Band camp usually runs for 2 weeks in late August.
- The first day of band camp is usually Registration Day. You will arrive at your scheduled time to turn in all your SIGNED forms and participation FEES. You will then get your uniform fitted. Please wear athletic shorts and your band shoes for your fitting. Shoe will be available for new marchers to borrow.
- The typical daily schedule for the rest of camp includes:
Movement Rehearsal (outside)
Music Rehearsals (indoors)
Full Ensemble (outdoors).
Be sure to bring:
- WATER bottles (filled with ice water) Hint: Freeze a half-filled water jug the night before!
- Sun screen
- Sun glasses
- Dress for the weather (lightweight long-sleeved shirt in case it gets too cool or too hot)
- Athletic shoes and socks (No sandals/flip-flops allowed!)
- Sack lunch and dinner or money to purchase food
- Working band instrument or Color Guard equipment
- Drill Binder: One ½ inch 3-ring binder with plastic sheets for music and drill
- Dot Book: A small note-card-sized little bound notebook. Tied on a string and worn around the neck. Not necessary for Pit.